Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can you effectively treat a Candida Cleanse/Treat Toenail Fungus if you're also on antidepressants?

I have started on a Candida Cleanse which includes a strict diet, taking oregano oil as an antifungals and taking probiotics. As well I am doing a daily treatment for my toenail fungus (topically and internally).





My doctor has prescribed me an antidepressant (Celexa) as I am also quite clinically depressed but I am worried if I take it it would counteract the work I am doing with the antifungals. Treating my toenail fungus is a long process (could be for months up to a year). I would like to do both, however I wouldn't want to if it meant that all the time, effort and $ spent treating the candida and my toenails would be wasted.





For those who may say ask a pharmacist - I ready have and from their perspective they say it shouldn't effect the antidepressant. However, I am now interested in hearing from those on the other side (natural health professionals and those educated in such) to see if the antidepressant would feed the yeast or make the antifungal work less effective. 'Regular' health professionals often seem to think that candida overgrowth may not be an issue or that herbs have no effect, whereas natural health care professionals seem to take things such as candida overgrowth more seriously. So, any opinions from natural health professionals and those educated in the field would be much appreciated. And please, no spam!





Thank youCan you effectively treat a Candida Cleanse/Treat Toenail Fungus if you're also on antidepressants?
well im not sure of the nature of your nail fungus but i work with the elderly and its comon for them to have nail fungus, and we put vicks vapor rub on the nails and it helps, the fungus falls off.
  • blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment