Thursday, August 5, 2010

What should I do about my ripped toenail?

Last week, my big toenail got caught in a door and it was half ripped off of my big toe. My toe was gushing blood but the nurse put it back into place. The blood under the toenail is basically all dried up now, but sometimes pus will come out of my toe randomly. It's only hanging on by half of the toenail-I know it will eventually have to fall out. There isn't much pain anymore, just random throbbing sensations, so i don't try and put any pressure on it.





I haven't been able to go to crew practice for the past 5 days because i do not want to put any pressure on my toe while rowing. I was thiking i could go back to practice tomorrow but I'm afraid I will get a staff infection when i put my foot in the shoes. My aunt says i need to be very careful of infections, especially staph infections.





Does anyone know what I should do? Has this happened to anyone before? If so, what did you do? Thanks a ton! =)What should I do about my ripped toenail?
I bashed my toenail into a airconditioner that I was moving and it ripped off half the toenail. I put antibacterial ointment on it and bandaged it up, changed it every day. You should be able to go to crew practice if this happened a week ago. Keep a bandage and antibacterial ointment on it so it don't get injured any farther. You can try to clip off any loose part of the toenail with a clipper or tiny pointed scissors which would let any pus out. It will be ok, it just takes a few weeks, and then months for the nail to grow back.What should I do about my ripped toenail?
You need this debrided and properly treated by a doctor, and the sooner the better. This can turn into a serious infection and even gangrene, and possible spread to other tissues if it isn't handled correctly.
i would go see a doctor you may need it removed fully for it t heal

No comments:

Post a Comment