Thursday, August 5, 2010

Not sure if it's an ingrown toenail?

On my left big toe, the side right by my nail hurts extremely bad if I put pressure on it. I've had this problem for a long time, and I had always just cut the side off, thinking that's what I was supposed to do. I just now learned that I was wrong.


It hurts terribly, and I can't dig it out! I tried to put dental floss under it, but I can't reach it right to shove anything under it.


Can someone help? What do the doctor's have to do? How long would I take to recover?


I really can't afford to be off my feet at all any day, I'm busy for months.


Are there any home remedies or good tips?


Please help, it's extremely painful. I can hardly walk on it.Not sure if it's an ingrown toenail?
the doctor would usually numb up your toe with two shots of numbing medicine. then they would flip the ingrown part of your nail out from under the skin. then they would trim this side off so the nail is no longer ingrown.





to prevent ingrown nails in the future, you should let the nail grow a little bit (but not too much) beyond the edge of the toe. then trim it straight across, not curved. wear shoes with plenty of room in them by your toes.





i don't know of any home remedies to treat ingrown nails once they happen, just the remedy i mentioned above to prevent it. i think if you have an ingrown nail, you'll somehow have to pull it out and a doctor would be the best person to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment