Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Toes going numb, now I've lost a toenail.. help?

Yes I know I should go to the doctor. But it's the weekend and I can't until monday. In the meantime I wanted to get some opinions.. For a few months now, my circulation has basically been horrible. My legs from the knee down randomly go numb, and my toes (all except for my big toes) will tingle and hurt. One of my pinky toenails slowly got black.. and then fell off. I've been having leg pains, trouble getting up the stairs without pain, and my legs seem to go numb mainly when I'm sitting. My doctor diagnosed me with RLS before.. but that's obviously not it. I'm a smoker, I have thrombophilia (blood clots too much) and I used to have severely high blood pressure (was severe when pregnant. the rest of the time it stayed only slightly high).


So.. should I go to the ER? Wait until monday? Curious if maybe i am diabetic. I got tested for diabetes like 5 yrs ago and it came back okay. I have two little girls at home so I'd rather not go to the ER unless absolutely necessary.Toes going numb, now I've lost a toenail.. help?
I think you already know the answer, if you are asking for help, you know in the back of your mind something has to be done. It does not sound good. I have no idea about diseases etc, but I do know it is important to see someone immediately.Toes going numb, now I've lost a toenail.. help?
You could have a condition called PVD - Peripheral Vascular Disease. Smokers often get this.





You don't need to go to ER but you will need to see your family doctor about this soon.
Its time for you to go to the doctors to get this checked out. If untreated you could get blood poisoning. But it sounds like diabetes and if thats left untreated well you will have a lot more complications than what your having now.
I must say, diabetes came to mind before you mentioned it.
The weekend is pretty much over now. So Monday should be Okay but then if you need to is there someway you can trick the kids like send them to the movies and mall with their aunt, or friends while you go to the ER. IT sounds like this has been happening a while so you need to get it taken care of it will only get worse. I know what you mean about not wanting the kids to know you are going to the ER. I am kind of like that with my children as well. Just dont want them to scare.
  • blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment