Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do you get rid of an ingrown toenail?

i have an ingrown toenail on my big toe.I have had it for a long time , but I had not know what it was until recently when it started hurting really bad this week, and my dad noticed how large it became. it was infected. it had puss in it so my dad, a doctor, told me to pull the toenail up a little and squeeze it out. He said it got rid of the infection, but it would keep coming back for the rest of my life. I want to know if their is any way to get rid of my ingrown toenail without having to do surgery. mainly a way i can do it at home. thanks!How do you get rid of an ingrown toenail?
I don't think there is really anyway you can get it to go away and and noot come back unless you get surgery. Which it is an in and out thing. You will not be in the hospital for a long time due to you ingrown toenail surgery :) I used to have one but it was not as sever as yours sounds and I pulled the corner of my toenail up and put a little bit of cotton under it to keep it raised to where it will grow out. That worked for me maybe it could for you to. Just be sure to change the cotton often. Good luck.How do you get rid of an ingrown toenail?
Cut your nail into a point in the middle and this will encourage the outer edges (the ingrowing sides) to grow towards the point rather than into your toe.
clip it lady

No comments:

Post a Comment