Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What to do about a cut underneath a toenail?

Somehow I have gotten a cut underneath my toe nail. The cut is just under the nail, and I can actually pick the nail up a bit. It appears that the cut goes about half way down the nail length and is about half way across the width as well. It hurt like crazy at first and bled a bit, but there is only a dull ache to it now. It seems to be leeking some sort of clear fluid. The actual nail seems to have suffered no trauma and is still healthy. I've been keeping it clean with peroxide. Is there anything else I should be doing? Will it continue to grow normally? Should I see a doctor about it?What to do about a cut underneath a toenail?
The toenail needs to be removed from the area over the cut. The nail will continually put pressure on the cut, delaying healing. If too much scar tissue forms, your nail may become permanently damaged and discolored. See a podiatrist in your area.What to do about a cut underneath a toenail?
I would recommend seeing a doctor, if you have any concerns.





You may also want to soak it in epsom salts.





Chances are it will be fine, but the leaking fluid is a bit of a concern.
just bandage it up and let it heal.


it should grow out somehow

No comments:

Post a Comment