Saturday, August 21, 2010

Help? I cut the edge of my toenail way deep!?

I was clipping my nails and the next thing you know, the side of my toenail is gone. It's sore as hell right now. I think I did it on Thru. I'm not sure on the date. But it hurt like freaking hell to have it happen. It's been pretty much soaked in neosporin and covered up i'm wearing sandles to keep my foot from being pushed together too much, but i'm not sure what to do next, can anyone give me some advice??? Please anything HELPFUL would be nice.Help? I cut the edge of my toenail way deep!?
make sure to keep it clean!!


wrap it with some medical tape, and


basically continue what you're doing.


i would go visit a doctor to make sure nothing's serious or infected though...Help? I cut the edge of my toenail way deep!?
If you clipped it, but pulled the last little bit, you have pulled a bit of the quick from the nail bed.


Is there a part that is swollen?


Press it back into place (it's gonna hurt like hell!) and then wrap it tightly for 24 hours.


If not better in 48 hours, see a podiatrist.
I have battled ingrown toenails for years + I am clumsy and have stubbed toes.





Get some Epsom salts and soak in hot water. The salts help to increase circulation and help reduce infection. After soaking, I can sleep better 'cause the toe isn't so sore.





Good luck...I know how much this hurts!
Just leave it alone

No comments:

Post a Comment