Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Running pain: what do I do to stop my toenail from cutting the toe next to it?

I have a weird problem that I've noticed since I've started a running training program. Basically, one of my toes on each foot curves in a little and touches the toe next to it. This is totally natural, and never bothersome on a day-to-day basis. But when I run, I find that the nail from one toe cuts into the skin of the next toe it touches.





Does anyone (especially runners) know what I can do to stop my toenail from cutting another toe's skin? I'm sick and tired of having blood on my socks after a run because my skin is being cut.





BTW I have properly-fitting shoes and moisture-wicking, non-cotton socks. I always keep my nails manicured and filed with rounded edges. Also, this is NOT an ingrown toenail: it is a toenail cutting into a DIFFERENT toe.Running pain: what do I do to stop my toenail from cutting the toe next to it?
Maybe try putting a bandaid or gauze around it when you run.Running pain: what do I do to stop my toenail from cutting the toe next to it?
Moleskin where the cutting happens, just replace it every time you go. Its strong enough that you should be fine as long as you don't go more than 10 miles or so. It's also sticky enough that a little foot sweat wont melt it off. Should be able to get it at any pharmacy or large grocery store.
Ouch, i hate it when that happens. You should try to keep your toenails cut as short as possible, and you can probably even use mole skin in between your toes to preventing scratching and rubbing together.
You need to choose between having pedicures and running. Trim the nails. They are in shoes. Few people see them.. Your body is always on display so run and keep up that awesome figure.
You need to keep your toenails cut short as possible. Good Luck!
bandaid and socks
toe-tape... my fave!!

No comments:

Post a Comment