Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Whats the best way to remove an ingrown toenail?

So i have an ingrown toenail... and it hurts, but not to the touch. a little puss will come out if i squeeze it hard enough but it hurts so i KNOW it's ingrown...i've had them before.





lately i've just been trying to pry it out with nail clippers and tweezers...i'm going to take a bath tonight with a ton of epsom salt then try it again when i come out





but what's the best way to remove it without going to the dr? i think i may have caught it in time. i can find it and see it through a magnifying glass, but i can't seem to find a way to pull it out.





any ideas? home remedies, suck it up and pull it out...anything?Whats the best way to remove an ingrown toenail?
Go to the doctor, because when its grown in too far, ur stuffed!Whats the best way to remove an ingrown toenail?
I'm afraid you're gonna have to use a knife, The thing is growing into your toe causing infection and sealing in puss.





What you do is you stick the knife into the wound and lever the toenail out, than cut the excess nail off. It will hurt somewhat (not extremely) but it is that or suffer.
I get these a lot, so i can usually catch them before they get infected. If puss is coming out it is infected, but if the infection is not severe you can still take care of it at home. Twice a day i soak the toe in hot water, this makes it easy to dig at and also kills the germs. After a good soak i try to push out as much puss as I can and take my clippers and use the file part and try to dig out the ingrown nail. After I have had enough of that i put hydrogen peroxide on it to prevent further infection, let that air dry a minute, then put on some neosporin and a band aid. Depending on how bad it is you may not see improvements right away. For me this usually fixes it in around a week, but like i said I usually catch them before puss is forming. If it is still wicked pussing after a week of this you should prolly go to the doctor.
ok I just got rid of one and it feels a lot better. What did was I took some of those toenail clippers that are smaller at the end and I took one of those flat things you find at the end of a nail clipper and I dug the flat thing under my nail pointing it toward the skin on the side. Then you try to bring the piece of nail that is making it hurt up, and you clip it. You may need someone to help you clip it if you can (I had my sister help me) his should work and afterwards it will feel much better!

1 comment:

john said...

but what's the best way to remove it without going to the dr? i think i may have caught it in time. i can find it and see it through a magnifying glass, but i can't seem to find a way to pull it out.NailClenZ Reviews

Post a Comment