Thursday, August 5, 2010

What should I do about my big toenail?

OK so I have been playing basketball in these basketball shoes and after a while, my big toe was hurting. I have realized my left big toe has suffered from trauma from jamming against my shoe and I should go see a doctor (which I will very soon). So now my current toenail has become loose and it has been growing off of my nail bed, so to speak. I have heard that I should just let the nail come off by itself and that I should keep it clean to prevent infection. But does that mean that I will have to stop working out and running after the nail has come off? How long does it usually take for the new toenail to grow?





Thank youWhat should I do about my big toenail?
Here is a little help*





How to Stop a Toenail Falling Off | eHow.com


How to Stop a Toenail Falling Off. The two main causes of a loose toenail are injury and fungus. In both cases the nail can become discolored, ...


http://www.ehow.com/how_2060882_stop-toe鈥?/a> - 54k - Cached - Similar pages





It takes approximately 4 months to completely regrowWhat should I do about my big toenail?
My suggestion is to see your local podiatrist/foot doctor. Sometimes seeing your family doctor is a mistake as they just do not specialize in this case. If they have to perform some type of nail procedure you are looking at a couple of days without heavy activity. You may be up to sports after a week or two.
It takes a long time for the new nail to grow. it grows just like any nail. If the whole thing comes off, it's starting new. I don't think you'd have to stop playing, just protect it, but ask your dr. to be sure. I'm sure it hurts too... Make sure you keep it clean till you see the dr.
sad to say a long time and that cant stop you from playing sports so just wrap it in gauze and keep playing i suggest new shoes that might help Adidas or nike

No comments:

Post a Comment