Tuesday, August 24, 2010

HELP!Should I try and remove my hanging toenail, clip the part that is hanging, or let nature takes its course?

For a couple of months now I have noticed that the top right corner of my thumb toenail has no nail bed, therefore, the nail is only attached to the rest of the nail bed. I just decided to keep my nails a bit short but today my toenail got caught on my boyfriend's sock and my toenail was pulled back. It is still hanging on to 60% of the nailbed but this has never happened to me..





Should I:


1)Try and remove the toenail? This sounds very painful and I seriously doubt I will try this..





2) Do I clip my nails down in order to remove the dry blood that is caught under?





or 3) Do I just let nature take its course and wait for the dry blood to rinse out?





Anyone have any good ideas on how to remove the dry blood? I would really like to remove it from under the nail. The dry blood is right at the top corner, would tweezers work? Thanks so much in advance!!!HELP!Should I try and remove my hanging toenail, clip the part that is hanging, or let nature takes its course?
This happened to me as well.





I had a doctor remove the entire nail and it grew back just fine. It was painless and took about 15 minutes total.





Removing the blood - get a bowl and fill it with hydrogen peroxide. Put about 3 or 4 drops of iodyne on your toe and let it soak in the peroxide for about 10 or 15 minutes. This will disinfect and clean the whole thing.





Good luck.HELP!Should I try and remove my hanging toenail, clip the part that is hanging, or let nature takes its course?
I'd leave it alone because if you touch it and mess with it, it'll end up getting irritated and it'll start throbbing. Trust me that hurts. I would leave it alone, put a band-aid on it, and put on some socks too.
It is not necessary to remove the entire nail.


Cut back as far as you can before you reach the nailbed. Over time the nail will start growing which will drag the dried blood with it.





This happened to me two weeks ago. I also split the nail down the center as well as lifting it off the nail bed, and I have strong nails!





I have been cutting the nail a little bit here and there to keep it short but as for the dried blood which was very noticeable, it is almost completely gone. I have probably lost 1/6th of my normal length but I prefer shorter nails anyway. I looks much better now atleast.

No comments:

Post a Comment